- 80 grams water, (use filtered if you can)
- 1 sachet dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 80 grams rice flour
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 300 grams water, (use filtered if you can)
- 1 sachet dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 600 grams bakers flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon bread improver
- 15 grams Olive Oli
1h 40minPreparation 1h 40minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
Place water into TM bowl heat at 37c for 5 minutes speed
When temperature is reached and before time is up, stop the
TM and add the sugar and yeast. Take care to avoid
dropping ingredients on the blades
Restart the TM and when time is up, just let the mixture
rest for 5 minutes in the TM bowl. This will allow the yeast
to activate and the mixture will become frothy.
In this order, add the flour, salt, bread improver and oil.
Mix for 15 seconds sped 2 to roughly combine.
Knead for 6 minutes on interval setting.
In a large oiled (oil spray is fine) bowl, shape dough into
a ball. Make sure dough has a light coating of oil.
Cover with cling wrap and place in a warm place for
about 1.5 hours or until dough doubles in size.
Make the paste (see below).
Punch the dough down to release air and turn out onto a
bench top. You may need a little flour on the bench if it's
Pull chunks of dough off and form each into mandarin sized
balls. Shape each into buns.
Using a spatula or butter knife, thickly spread each roll with
the paste. The thicker the spread, the thicker the
tiger 'scales' will be. I found it easier to hold the bun in one
hand while spreading on the paste with the other.
Place buns onto baking paper on an oven tray.
Turn on oven and set to 240c and place a small dish of
water on bottom rack of oven (the steam from this helps
the bread rise and stay fluffy inside).
While the oven is heating, the buns will continue to rise.
When oven is ready, place tray on top rack and bake
for 10 minutes. You may need to turn the tray around during
baking, if your oven doesn't cook evenly (like mine).
Reduce the temperature to 200c and bake for
another 10 minutes or until golden brown.
Remove buns from oven and place on a wire cooling rack
for 10 minutes.
Place water into TM bowl heat at 37c for 5 minutes speed spoon.
When temperature is reached and before time is up, stop the TM and add the sugar and yeast. Take care to avoid dropping on the blades.
Restart the TM and when time is up, just let the mixture rest for 5 minutes in the TM bowl. This will allow the yeast to activate and the mixture will become frothy.
Add the flour, sesame oil and salt. Mix on speed 3-4 for 20 seconds until it forms a thick paste.
White bread buns
Tiger bread paste
Because of the bread improver, the buns freeze well - if there's any left that is
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Black Olive Biscuits with cheese filling
- Cheese and Chive Scones
- Chawanmushi - Savoury Custard
- Soda Bread with Feta & Rosemary
- Cheese and bacon pastries
- Olive and feta pinwheels
- Pizza Margherita Grazia's way
- Stilton, pear, potato and balsamic onions pie with walnut pastry crust
- Methi Bhaaji & Corn Tart
- BRESAOLA AND WILD ROCKET PIZZA
- Vegan Sun Dried Tomato Scones
- Key Lime Pie
- Devilled Eggs
- Buffalo Wings
- Nectarine and Peach Smoothie
- Panna Cottas with Peaches and Thyme Syrup
- Peach and Raspberry Crumble
- Couscous Vegetable Salad
- Salmon Omelette
- Nectarine, Banana and Green Tea Lollies
- Lamb and Paprika Rice
- Lamb Stuffed with Dried Fruit and Nuts
- RAVIOLI WITH SWEET RICOTTA FILLING AND LAMB RAGU
- Roasted Red Pepper Puree
- Lemon Meringue Pie - Gluten Free & Lactose Free & Soya Free & Nut Free
- Paleo Beef Burgers
- Variation The Perfect Lasagne
- Healthier hobnob style cookies
- Variation Chicken Enchiladas
- Victoria Sponge
- Muhammara (Red pepper and walnut dip)
- Choc Chip Oat and Quinoa Cookies
- JEAN's OWN VEGETABLE SOUP
- Cranberry Curd
- Guilt free raw chocolate treats