- 500 g bread flour
- 300 g plain yoghurt
- 50 g milk, plus extra for brushing
- 50 g olive oil
- 40 g butter
- 1 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 clove garlic
- 20 g Fresh parsley, leaves only
- 40 g Cheddar cheese, cut in pieces
- 120 g onions, quartered
- 100 g carrots, cut in pieces
- 300 g mixed minced meat
- 40 g tomato puree
- 20 g cornflour
- 1 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 pinches ground cumin
1h 0minPreparation 30minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Place flour, yoghurt, milk, oil, butter, salt and baking powder in mixing bowl then knead 1 min/. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula then mix 20 sec/. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Place garlic, parsley and Cheddar in mixing bowl then chop 4 sec/speed 8.
- Add onions and carrots then chop 3 sec/speed 5. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
- Add mixed minced meat, tomato purée, cornflour, salt, paprika, pepper and cumin then mix 15 sec/speed 4.
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Divide dough in 2 equal-sized pieces. Roll one out into a circle (approx. Ø 30cm) and place on a large piece of baking paper.
- With oiled hands, form a quarter of the filling into a ball, flatten slightly and place in the middle of dough circle. Place remaining filling as a ring around the ball (leaving 10 cm space between them and 3 cm space to edge of dough).
- Roll out remaining dough into a circle (approx. Ø 35 cm) and lay carefully on top of the filling.
- Cover the middle with an upside down bowl (approx. Ø 11 cm and 7 cm high) to support the middle. Bring the edges together by tucking edges of bottom layer underneath edges of top layer. If necessary trim edges evenly.
- Using a sharp knife cut 16 strips starting from the bowl in the middle to the edge.
- Carefully transfer baking paper and bread onto a baking tray.
- Then turn each strip 90degrees, so the filling faces upwards. Remove bowl from the middle, brush dough with milk then bake for 30 minutes until golden (200°C). Serve warm or cold.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Olive Bread with Mediterranean herbs
- Black Olive Biscuits with cheese filling
- Cheese and Chive Scones
- Chawanmushi - Savoury Custard
- Soda Bread with Feta & Rosemary
- Cheese and bacon pastries
- Olive and feta pinwheels
- Pizza Margherita Grazia's way
- Stilton, pear, potato and balsamic onions pie with walnut pastry crust
- Methi Bhaaji & Corn Tart
- BRESAOLA AND WILD ROCKET PIZZA
- Key Lime Pie
- Devilled Eggs
- Buffalo Wings
- Nectarine and Peach Smoothie
- Panna Cottas with Peaches and Thyme Syrup
- Peach and Raspberry Crumble
- Couscous Vegetable Salad
- Salmon Omelette
- Nectarine, Banana and Green Tea Lollies
- Lamb and Paprika Rice
- Lamb Stuffed with Dried Fruit and Nuts
- RAVIOLI WITH SWEET RICOTTA FILLING AND LAMB RAGU