- 2 sheets Shortcrust Pastry
- 30 g olive oil
- 4 red onion, peeled and thickly sliced
- 1 tsp caraway seeds
- 1 tsp Rosemary sprigs
- 1 clove garlic
- 35 g Brown sugar
- 60 g balsamic vinegar
- 2 eggs
- 170 g cream
- 80 g feta, crumbled
- 1/2 tsp rosemary, sprigs, extra
Place garlic & rosemary leaves into bowl and chop 4 sec, sp 8
Add caraway seeds, oil and sliced onion. Cook for 30 min, Varoma, Reverse Sp 2 - MC off.
Scrape sides of bowl down, add the brown sugar & balsamic vinegar and cook for 5 min, Varoma, Reverse Sp 2 - MC off.
Set aside to cool
Preheat the oven to 190C. Arrange the pastry sheets to fit the base & sides of a 23cm shallow round pie dish. (can use EDC cookbook recipe or bought) Trim the edges neatly and chill until required.
Place extra rosemary into the bowl and chop 5 sec, sp 8. Set aside (don't need to clean the bowl)
Place the eggs & cream into the bowl and mix 10 sec, sp 4
Arrange the onions in a thick layer over the pastry base and then crumble the feta on top & scatter over the extra rosemary.
Pour over the cream mixture.
Bake the tart in the preheated oven for 30-40 minutes until the pastry is golden and the filling puffed and set.
Serve with a green salad and crusty bread
Note: Can be doubled, which will make two long quiches
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Black Olive Biscuits with cheese filling
- Cheese and Chive Scones
- Chawanmushi - Savoury Custard
- Soda Bread with Feta & Rosemary
- Cheese and bacon pastries
- Olive and feta pinwheels
- Pizza Margherita Grazia's way
- Stilton, pear, potato and balsamic onions pie with walnut pastry crust
- Methi Bhaaji & Corn Tart
- BRESAOLA AND WILD ROCKET PIZZA
- Vegan Sun Dried Tomato Scones
- Key Lime Pie
- Devilled Eggs
- Buffalo Wings
- Nectarine and Peach Smoothie
- Panna Cottas with Peaches and Thyme Syrup
- Peach and Raspberry Crumble
- Couscous Vegetable Salad
- Salmon Omelette
- Nectarine, Banana and Green Tea Lollies
- Lamb and Paprika Rice
- Lamb Stuffed with Dried Fruit and Nuts
- RAVIOLI WITH SWEET RICOTTA FILLING AND LAMB RAGU
- Sweet Light Scones
- Roasted Red Pepper Puree
- Lemon Meringue Pie - Gluten Free & Lactose Free & Soya Free & Nut Free
- Paleo Beef Burgers
- Chicken curry
- Variation The Perfect Lasagne
- Variation Chicken Enchiladas
- Curried sweet potato soup
- Honey Pork Ribs
- Muhammara (Red pepper and walnut dip)
- Tomato and red pepper soup
- Chocolate pear cake