- 200 g butter, unsalted, cut into small pieces (1-2 cm) frozen
- 200 g plain flour, plus extra for dusting
- 90 g water, chilled
- 1/2 tsp salt
1h 20minPreparation 20minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Place butter, plain flour, chilled water and salt into mixing bowl and mix 20 sec/speed 6. Remove pastry dough from mixing bowl, form into a ball and flatten into a rough square. Wrap pastry square in cling film and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Unwrap dough and place onto a lightly floured work surface. Using a rolling pin, roll out dough into a long rectangle 3 times as long as it is wide (approx. 60 cm x 20 cm). Fold dough into thirds and give folded dough a quarter turn so that the fold is on the left. Repeat rolling and folding process twice, then return to refrigerator for 20 minutes or place in freezer for 5 minutes before using.
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper and set aside.
- Roll dough into a rectangle (5 mm thick) and cut into required shape or shapes right before baking. Bake for 20 minutes (200°C) for one large piece of pastry, 12-15 minutes (200°C) for smaller pastries, or as directed by other recipes. Allow to cool on a cooling rack before serving or storing in an air-tight container.
Accessories you need
This pastry serves as a base for cakes, pastries, cream puffs and fruit tarts.
The success of this recipe depends on keeping the pastry dough chilled so the layers of butter do not melt. A cold work surface (marble or stone) and a cool room temperature are helpful. If at any time during the process the dough feels warm, place into the freezer for 5 minutes before rolling out again. To prevent the dough from sticking to the work surface, whenever necessary use a light dusting of flour, or roll dough between two sheets of baking paper.
Puff pastry dough freezes very well before baking. Defrost in the refrigerator before using. Partially rolling out the dough before freezing allows for faster defrosting.
Once baked, pastry keeps well for up to 15 days stored in a sealed container in a cool dry place.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Clinic"[["0715514216:**]]*abortion pills for sale in ?mafikeng ...Durbanville
- Contract +27715514216 ABORTION PILLS FOR SALE IN PRETORIA, SUNNYSIDE
- Cytotec) 0715514216 Safe Abortion Pills for Sale In Hillbrow,Yeoville
- 0715514216 ||M86790 Abortion pills for sale in Mamelodi /Mamelodi East west
- APPROVED ABORTION PILLS IN SAUDI ARABIA 0027635344422 ABORTION PILLS FOR SALE IN RIYADH, SAUDI ARABIA
- Abortion clinic in Fourways @0715514216 abortion pills for sale in fourways
- Olive Bread with Mediterranean herbs
- Black Olive Biscuits with cheese filling
- Cheese and Chive Scones
- Chawanmushi - Savoury Custard
- Soda Bread with Feta & Rosemary
- Cheese and bacon pastries
- Key Lime Pie
- Devilled Eggs
- Buffalo Wings
- Nectarine and Peach Smoothie
- Panna Cottas with Peaches and Thyme Syrup
- Peach and Raspberry Crumble
- Couscous Vegetable Salad
- Salmon Omelette
- Nectarine, Banana and Green Tea Lollies
- Lamb and Paprika Rice
- Lamb Stuffed with Dried Fruit and Nuts
- RAVIOLI WITH SWEET RICOTTA FILLING AND LAMB RAGU