- 125 g butter, diced, plus extra for greasing
- 250 g plain flour
- 110 g polenta
- 55 g sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 2 eggs, medium
- 250 g milk
- 3 tbsp fresh dill, leaves only, plus extra for garnish
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper, plus more to garnish
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp creamed horseradish
- 300 g mayonnaise
- 30 Prawns, cooked
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Preheat oven to 200°C and lightly grease 36 mini muffin holes.
- Place flour, polenta, sugar, baking powder and salt in mixing bowl then mix 5 sec/speed 4.
- Add eggs, butter and milk then pulse Turbo/2 sec/2 times. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula then pulse Turbo/2 sec/2 times.
- Divide mixture between prepared muffin holes and bake for 15-20minutes (200°C) or until lightly browned. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Meanwhile, clean mixing bowl and make topping.
- Place dill in mixing bowl and chop 5 sec/speed 6. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
- Add salt, black pepper, lemon juice, creamed horseradish and mayonnaise then mix 5 sec/speed 3.
- Once muffins are cool, slice a thin layer off tops to create a flat surface. Spoon ½ teaspoon dill mayonnaise onto each muffin and top with a prawn. Store in fridge before serving at room temperature sprinkled with dill and black pepper.
Use slices of muffin tops as croutons in salads or soups, or grind them to use as a thickening agent for soups or stews.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Olive Bread with Mediterranean herbs
- Black Olive Biscuits with cheese filling
- Cheese and Chive Scones
- Chawanmushi - Savoury Custard
- Soda Bread with Feta & Rosemary
- Cheese and bacon pastries
- Olive and feta pinwheels
- Pizza Margherita Grazia's way
- Stilton, pear, potato and balsamic onions pie with walnut pastry crust
- Methi Bhaaji & Corn Tart
- BRESAOLA AND WILD ROCKET PIZZA
- Key Lime Pie
- Devilled Eggs
- Buffalo Wings
- Nectarine and Peach Smoothie
- Panna Cottas with Peaches and Thyme Syrup
- Peach and Raspberry Crumble
- Couscous Vegetable Salad
- Salmon Omelette
- Nectarine, Banana and Green Tea Lollies
- Lamb and Paprika Rice
- Lamb Stuffed with Dried Fruit and Nuts
- RAVIOLI WITH SWEET RICOTTA FILLING AND LAMB RAGU