- 280 grams water or milk (or combination)
- 1 tablespoon granulated yeast (instant or regular)
- 25 grams oil
- 500 grams plain flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- cornmeal (optional for spreading on baking sheet)
- Put water/milk, and oil into Thermomix bowl and mix for 30 seconds/37°C/speed 2.
- Add yeast and mix for 5 seconds/speed 2.
- Add flour and salt and mix for 6 seconds/speed 8.
- Knead dough for 2 minutes on interval speed.
- Remove dough, form into a ball, and place into a slightly greased bowl or baking mat to rise till doubled (about 30-60 minutes, depending on yeast type used.) See additional tip about rising below.
- Divide dough in half (for two large pizzas, or into four if making smaller individual sized pizzas) and allow dough to rest for 15 minutes and then form into pizza shape using hands and/or rolling pin before fitting it to the baking pan or pizza stone. (See additional tip about cornmeal below)
- Add toppings of choice and bake in a hot oven at about 220°C (425°F) for about 20 minutes. Timing will depend on toppings used.
Notesabout rising dough: if you are a beginning cook and unsure about making dough rise, here is a tip I read somewhere online. When dough is removed from Thermomix bowl, pinch off a small ball of dough, the size of a marble, and put it into a glass of water. When the ball of dough rises to the surface of the water, it means your yeast has proved and your dough is ready for the next step. (I tried this in the photos above and it worked!) about corn meal: I always sprinkle a small handfull of cornmeal to the baking pan before stretching the dough into shape. This adds a nice, ever-so-slight crunchy texture to the bottom of the pizza and helps keep it from sticking to the pan. about storing dough: If this batch of dough is more than you need in one day, wrap the extra in cling film and store in fridge until the next day. Knead for 30 seconds to re-awaken the dough before using.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Black Olive Biscuits with cheese filling
- Cheese and Chive Scones
- Chawanmushi - Savoury Custard
- Soda Bread with Feta & Rosemary
- Cheese and bacon pastries
- Olive and feta pinwheels
- Pizza Margherita Grazia's way
- Stilton, pear, potato and balsamic onions pie with walnut pastry crust
- Methi Bhaaji & Corn Tart
- BRESAOLA AND WILD ROCKET PIZZA
- Vegan Sun Dried Tomato Scones
- Key Lime Pie
- Devilled Eggs
- Buffalo Wings
- Nectarine and Peach Smoothie
- Panna Cottas with Peaches and Thyme Syrup
- Peach and Raspberry Crumble
- Couscous Vegetable Salad
- Salmon Omelette
- Nectarine, Banana and Green Tea Lollies
- Lamb and Paprika Rice
- Lamb Stuffed with Dried Fruit and Nuts
- RAVIOLI WITH SWEET RICOTTA FILLING AND LAMB RAGU
- Granola Bars
- Roasted Red Pepper Puree
- Paleo Beef Burgers
- Variation The Perfect Lasagne
- Healthier hobnob style cookies
- Variation Chicken Enchiladas
- Honey Pork Ribs
- Muhammara (Red pepper and walnut dip)
- Choc Chip Oat and Quinoa Cookies
- Guilt free raw chocolate treats
- Healthy breakfast
- Tomato and red pepper soup