- 50 g strong white bread flour
- 50 g water
- 1 tsp dried instant yeast
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- oil, for greasing
- 110 g strong white bread flour
- 110 g strong wholemeal bread flour
- 150 g water
- 1 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 tsp dried instant yeast
- 1 tsp barley malt extract
- 35 g sesame seeds
- 30 g linseeds
4h 0minPreparation 15minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Place bread flour, water, yeast and salt in mixing bowl and mix 5 sec/speed 4. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula then mix again 15 sec/speed 4.
- Transfer starter dough to a bowl, cover with cling film and place in fridge for 8hours or overnight.
- Grease a large bowl and set aside. Place white bread flour, wholemeal bread flour, water, salt and yeast in mixing bowl and mix 30 sec/speed 4. Set aside for 20minutes.
- Add malt extract and starter dough then, without measuring cup, knead 6 min/.
- Add 20g sesame seeds and 20g linseeds, then with measuring up on, knead 3 min/.
- Transfer dough to oiled bowl, cover with cling film and leave to rise until doubled in size (approx. 2hours). Meanwhile, place a small bowl on mixing bowl lid and weigh in 15g sesame seeds and 10g linseeds. Set small bowl aside.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and sprinkle half the seeds from the small bowl over the baking paper. Shape rested dough into a round ball then place on top of seeds on baking paper. Sprinkle top and sides of dough with remaining seeds.
- Cover with oiled cling film and leave dough to rest for a further hour. Preheat oven to 220°C and put a baking dish on the lowest shelf of the oven.
- Prepare approx. 100g very hot water in a cup. Place bread in oven and quickly, but carefully, pour hot water into baking dish on lower shelf of oven to create steam and immediately close oven door to trap steam.
- Bake for 30-35minutes (220°C) until golden and base sounds hollow when tapped underneath. Transfer to a wire rack and allow to cool before slicing.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Black Olive Biscuits with cheese filling
- Cheese and Chive Scones
- Chawanmushi - Savoury Custard
- Soda Bread with Feta & Rosemary
- Cheese and bacon pastries
- Olive and feta pinwheels
- Pizza Margherita Grazia's way
- Stilton, pear, potato and balsamic onions pie with walnut pastry crust
- Methi Bhaaji & Corn Tart
- BRESAOLA AND WILD ROCKET PIZZA
- Vegan Sun Dried Tomato Scones
- Key Lime Pie
- Devilled Eggs
- Buffalo Wings
- Nectarine and Peach Smoothie
- Panna Cottas with Peaches and Thyme Syrup
- Peach and Raspberry Crumble
- Couscous Vegetable Salad
- Salmon Omelette
- Nectarine, Banana and Green Tea Lollies
- Lamb and Paprika Rice
- Lamb Stuffed with Dried Fruit and Nuts
- RAVIOLI WITH SWEET RICOTTA FILLING AND LAMB RAGU
- Fat and Gluten Free Pepper Steak Sauce
- Cauliflower mash
- Red pepper and tomato soup
- Coconut & Chocolate chip Banana Bread
- Masoor dal, red lentil curry
- Apple, Pear and Banana Purée.
- Stir fried egg noodles with duck breast and vegetables
- Low fat Pasta with fresh Tarragon and chicken thighs in tomato sauce
- Granola Bars
- Roasted Red Pepper Puree
- Lemon Meringue Pie - Gluten Free & Lactose Free & Soya Free & Nut Free
- Variation The Perfect Lasagne