- 2 tsp dried instant yeast
- 0.5 tsp caster sugar
- 250 g water
- 450 g baker's flour, plus extra to dust
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 40 g olive oil
- 40 g natural greek yoghurt, plus extra to serve
- 1 egg, lightly beaten, to brush
- sesame seeds
- 50 g parmesan cheese, cut into cubes
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1 red capsicum, quartered and desseded
- 1 bird's eye chillies, deseeded, desseded if preferred
- 2 tbsp pine nuts
- 50 g sundried tomatoes
- 2 tomatoes, halved and deseeded
- 20 g olive oil
- sea salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 bunch parsley, leaves only
- 1 brown onion, halved
- 1 clove garlic
- 20 g olive oil
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1 tbsp dried mint
- 500 grams lamb mince
- 2 tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1/2 tbsp TM vegetable stock concentrate
- 80 g pine nuts
- 250 g plain yoghurt
- mint leaves, to garnish
Place baking paper onto two large baking trays and set aside.
Place yeast, sugar and water into mixing bowl and warm 1 min/37°C/speed 1.
Add flour, salt, oil and yoghurt and mix 6 sec/speed 6, then knead 1.5//.
Preheat oven to 220°C.
Transfer dough onto ThermoMat or a lightly floured surface and work into a ball. Wrap in the ThermoMat or place into a bowl and cover with a tea towel. Leave to prove in a warm, dry place for 30 minutes. Clean and dry mixing bowl.
Divide into two equal portions and shape into two 15 x 50cm rectangles, brush with egg wash and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Place onto prepared baking trays and bake for 12 minutes or until lightly golden. Set aside.
Place Parmesan and garlic into mixing bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 7. Scrape down sides of bowl.
Add capsicum, chilli, pine nuts, sundried tomatoes, tomatoes, oil, salt and pepper and pulse 2-3 times 1 sec//Turbo, or until a chunky consistency is achieved. Spread pesto evenly on top of both reserved pides, leaving a 2cm border around the edge of each pide, and set aside.
Place parsley, onion and garlic into mixing bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 7. Scrape down sides of bowl.
Add oil, cayenne pepper, cumin, cinnamon, allspice and dried mint and saute 3 min/Varoma/speed 1.
Add lamb and saute 3 min/Varoma/speed 1.
Add tomatoes and stock and cook 7 min/100°C/speed 2. Season to taste then spread lamb mix on top of the chilli pesto on the reserved pides, maintaining a 2cm border around the edge of each pide. Top with pine nuts, and return to the oven to bake for 12 minutes.
Allow to cool for five minutes then transfer to large serving platters or chopping boards, top with extra yoghurt and mint and slice to serve.
Middle Eastern lamb pide is also delicious with a sprinkle of sumac just before serving.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Black Olive Biscuits with cheese filling
- Cheese and Chive Scones
- Chawanmushi - Savoury Custard
- Soda Bread with Feta & Rosemary
- Cheese and bacon pastries
- Olive and feta pinwheels
- Pizza Margherita Grazia's way
- Stilton, pear, potato and balsamic onions pie with walnut pastry crust
- Methi Bhaaji & Corn Tart
- BRESAOLA AND WILD ROCKET PIZZA
- Vegan Sun Dried Tomato Scones
- Key Lime Pie
- Devilled Eggs
- Buffalo Wings
- Nectarine and Peach Smoothie
- Panna Cottas with Peaches and Thyme Syrup
- Peach and Raspberry Crumble
- Couscous Vegetable Salad
- Salmon Omelette
- Nectarine, Banana and Green Tea Lollies
- Lamb and Paprika Rice
- Lamb Stuffed with Dried Fruit and Nuts
- RAVIOLI WITH SWEET RICOTTA FILLING AND LAMB RAGU
- Lemon Meringue Pie - Gluten Free & Lactose Free & Soya Free & Nut Free
- Paleo Beef Burgers
- Chicken curry
- Variation The Perfect Lasagne
- Healthier hobnob style cookies
- Variation Chicken Enchiladas
- Curried sweet potato soup
- Honey Pork Ribs
- Victoria Sponge
- Muhammara (Red pepper and walnut dip)
- Choc Chip Oat and Quinoa Cookies
- JEAN's OWN VEGETABLE SOUP