- 40 grams white rice
- 150 grams Plain white Flour
- 60 grams wholemeal flour, or use all white
- 150 grams butter
- 1 level teaspoon salt
- 2 level tablespoons water
- 150 grams Fenugreek(methi) leaves, leaves picked off stalks
- 2 Green chillies
- 1 onion
- 2 level tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 heaped teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 heaped teaspoon baking powder
- 1 level teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon tumeric
- 285 grams corn, Tinned, fresh or frozen
- 60 grams butter
- 110 grams oil, Rapeseed or sunflower seed
- 2 eggs
- 230 grams milk
- 30 grams Self Raising Flour, or GF flour
- 30 grams Gram flour
- 30 grams maize flour, Polenta or semolina
- 1 egg, for brushing over tart
- 20 grams sesame seeds, for sprinkling
- 5 grams coriander leaves, Chopped for decoration
1h 5minPreparation 25minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
A lovely pastry for a savoury tart that doesn't need rolling, it works perfectly for the methi bhaaji filing. Adapted and created for the filling by Leonie Harvey.
Grind the rice 30 seconds speed 10.Tip out into a small bowl.
Melt the butter and water 90 degrees,2 minutes speed 1or until melted.
Add flour and ground rice. Combine on knead function for 20 seconds, stopping half way to scrape down the sides of the bowl.
Grease and line a 26cm loose bottom tart tin. Tip the pastry out and smooth it outwards gently with your hands or the back of a spoon. Keep moving the pastry to the edges and up the sides. make the sides neat first then go back and do the base. Use your finger and thumb to neated the sides so its neat, looks good and is easy to cut. Pop in the fridge while making the filling.
Weight dry fenugreek(Methi) leaves in the thermomix bowl. Take out, wash and drain leaves.
Add leaves to the bowl and chop on 6 seconds speed 6, stop, scarpe down at 3 seconds and repeat. Tip & scrape leaves out into a bowl/plate.
Add green chillies and onion to the bowl and chop 6-7 seconds speed 6.
Add the fenugreek(methi) leaves and the rest of the ingredients into the bowl and mix on speed 4-5 until all combined.
Pour filling in the rice crunh pastry case and bake in a preheated oven 190 degrees fan assisted for 35 minutes.
Take out and brush egg, sorinkle with sesame seeds and chopped criander leaves and bake for a further 5 minutes or until nice and golden. when cool slice and serve with a salad and some chutneys.
Rice Crunch Pastry
Methi Bhaaji and Corn filling
Accessories you need
Make sure your ground Cumin and coriander are freshly roasted and ground in your themomix and not shop bought.
Roast spices 8 mins 100 degrees speed 1. Open TM lid and leave to cool, wipe away moisture from the top of the TM bowl with a piece of kitchen paper.
grind until the desired texture on speed 10.
Freshly roasted and ground spices enhance the flavours of your dish and add depth of flavour. This can be done in advance and stored in a sterilsed bottle or your spice tin for a few weeks to a month.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Black Olive Biscuits with cheese filling
- Cheese and Chive Scones
- Chawanmushi - Savoury Custard
- Soda Bread with Feta & Rosemary
- Cheese and bacon pastries
- Olive and feta pinwheels
- Pizza Margherita Grazia's way
- Stilton, pear, potato and balsamic onions pie with walnut pastry crust
- BRESAOLA AND WILD ROCKET PIZZA
- Vegan Sun Dried Tomato Scones
- Vegetable Scones
- Oatmeal with Chia Seeds
- Spicy Hot Chocolate
- Coconut & Chocolate chip Banana Bread
- Masoor dal, red lentil curry
- Apple, Pear and Banana Purée.
- Stir fried egg noodles with duck breast and vegetables
- Chicken Chasni
- Low fat Pasta with fresh Tarragon and chicken thighs in tomato sauce
- Sweet Light Scones
- Granola Bars
- Mini Carrot Muffins (Baby/Toddler - no added sugar)
- Roasted Red Pepper Puree