- 370-400 g bakers flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp raw sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt, Plus 1/2 tsp extra
- 6 tbsp cold butter, Plus 3 tbs extra, Melted
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 180 g water
Preheat oven to 200 Deg Fan Forced.
2. Put the flour, baking powder, sugar, and 1/2 tsp of salt in the jug and mix 3 sec, speed 7.
3. Add cold butter and mix 3 sec, speed 7.
4. Add vegetable oil and mix 3 sec, speed 6
5. Add water and mix 3 sec, speed 6, then knead for 1 min.
6. Roll dough out as thin as you can on a very floured bench. (Mine were waaayyy to thick as you can see from the picture!) Use cookie cutters to cut the dough out, use a bigger cutter then you want the crackers to be as the dough is very stretchy and pulls back, hence why mine are oval.
7. Poke holes in the dough – they help the crackers to bake correctly.
10. Bake the crackers on a greased tray for 10 minutes or until the crackers just begin to brown.
11. While the crackers are baking, melt the remaining butter and mix in the remaining salt.
12. As soon as you remove the crackers from the oven, brush them with the salty butter.
You may want to roll dough out using a pasta roller.
Next time I make them I will cut into squares instead of circles.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Black Olive Biscuits with cheese filling
- Cheese and Chive Scones
- Chawanmushi - Savoury Custard
- Soda Bread with Feta & Rosemary
- Cheese and bacon pastries
- Olive and feta pinwheels
- Pizza Margherita Grazia's way
- Stilton, pear, potato and balsamic onions pie with walnut pastry crust
- Methi Bhaaji & Corn Tart
- BRESAOLA AND WILD ROCKET PIZZA
- Vegan Sun Dried Tomato Scones
- Key Lime Pie
- Devilled Eggs
- Buffalo Wings
- Nectarine and Peach Smoothie
- Panna Cottas with Peaches and Thyme Syrup
- Peach and Raspberry Crumble
- Couscous Vegetable Salad
- Salmon Omelette
- Nectarine, Banana and Green Tea Lollies
- Lamb and Paprika Rice
- Lamb Stuffed with Dried Fruit and Nuts
- RAVIOLI WITH SWEET RICOTTA FILLING AND LAMB RAGU
- Granola Bars
- Roasted Red Pepper Puree
- Lemon Meringue Pie - Gluten Free & Lactose Free & Soya Free & Nut Free
- Paleo Beef Burgers
- Variation The Perfect Lasagne
- Healthier hobnob style cookies
- Variation Chicken Enchiladas
- Muhammara (Red pepper and walnut dip)
- Choc Chip Oat and Quinoa Cookies
- JEAN's OWN VEGETABLE SOUP
- Cranberry Curd
- Guilt free raw chocolate treats