- 2 tbsp sage, fresh
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds, whole
- 1 tsp thyme, fresh
- 500 grams pork meat, 2cm cubes; Shoulder or belly works well (skin removed).
- 55 grams bacon, lean preferably
- 1/2 tsp ground mace, or nutmeg
- salt and pepper, to season
- 300 grams plain four, plus extra for dusting
- Pinch salt
- 90 grams Solid cooking Fat, preferably animal, but vegetable will suffice
- 1 egg, beaten to glaze
- 4 gelatine leaves
- 1 tablespoon pork stock concentrate, or EDC meat stock
- 500 grams water
1h 25minPreparation 30minBaking/Cooking 55min
mediumPreparation For Thermomix-Users with some experience
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Place Sage, Fennel Seeds and Thyme into mixing bowl and chop 1 min / speed 10. Repeat if need to achieve fine powder consistency. Transfer in to a bowl and set aside.
3. Weigh out 400g of Pork and place in mixing bowl with bacon and chop 2 sec / Turbo repeatedly until chopped to your liking (but not minced). Transfer in to a bowl and set aside.
4. Place remaining Pork into mixing bowl and mince 10 sec / speed 5.
5. Add reserved herbs, and chopped pork and bacon together with the minced pork, along with plenty of seasoning. Combine 30 sec / speed 4
1. Place flour, solidified animal fat, and salt into mixing bowl and mix 10 sec / speed 6, or until mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
2. Add water and knead 20 sec /
3. Transfer dough onto ThermoMat or floured work surface then knead dough into a tight ball. Cut off about a third of the pastry and place in a zip lock bag (or freezer bag). Reserve for making the lids.
4. Divide remaining pastry into 6 pieces, flatten each piece out and use them to line the holes in the muffin tins, stretching pastry to just above the top of the tins.
5. Divide the filling into 6 and place a portion into each muffin hole.
6. Divide the reserved pastry into 6 and flatten each out into a circle just larger than the top of the pies, to make lids. Brush a little egg around the top edge of the pastry in the tins, and then place the lids on top. Press the edges together well, and flute them.
7. Make a large hole in the centre of each pie, no larger than a five-cent piece, then brush egg glaze over the top.
8. Bake the pies in the centre of the oven for 20 minutes.
9. Reduce the oven temperature to 160°C and cook for a further 20 minutes.
10. Remove the pies carefully from the muffin tin and place them on a baking tray. Brush the top and sides with egg glaze, then return them to the oven for a further 10-15 minutes or until the pastry is golden.
11. Remove from the oven and transfer the pies to a wire rack to cool. Chill the pies well, preferably overnight.
1. Soak the gelatine in cold water for about 5 mins, then remove and squeeze out the excess water.
2. Place Pork Stock Concentrate and 500g water into mixing bowl and heat for 5 min / 95°C / speed 1.
3. Add gelatine leaves and mix 1 min / speed 1.
4. Leave to cool to room temperature.
5. Use a small funnel to pour the stock into the pie through the hole in the top. Pour in a little at a time allowing a few seconds before each addition. Place in the fridge to set overnight.
Pastry & Cooking
These are generally eaten cold! Enjoy
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Cheese and bacon pastries
- Olive and feta pinwheels
- Pizza Margherita Grazia's way
- Stilton, pear, potato and balsamic onions pie with walnut pastry crust
- Methi Bhaaji & Corn Tart
- BRESAOLA AND WILD ROCKET PIZZA
- Vegan Sun Dried Tomato Scones
- Vegetable Scones
- Sweet potato muffins
- Sausage rolls with rosemary, fennel and parmesan cheese
- Omelette Muffins
- Key Lime Pie
- Devilled Eggs
- Buffalo Wings
- Nectarine and Peach Smoothie
- Panna Cottas with Peaches and Thyme Syrup
- Peach and Raspberry Crumble
- Couscous Vegetable Salad
- Salmon Omelette
- Nectarine, Banana and Green Tea Lollies
- Lamb and Paprika Rice
- Lamb Stuffed with Dried Fruit and Nuts
- RAVIOLI WITH SWEET RICOTTA FILLING AND LAMB RAGU
- Chilli prawn linguine
- Easy "Roast" Chicken & Veg
- Red rice with feta, beetroot and smoked mackerel
- Healthy & Delicious Sea Bass Noodle Soup
- Vanilla & Strawberry cheesecake (unbaked)
- Summer Pudding
- Cheese and bacon pastries
- Thermomix Lemon Cod with anchovies
- Chocolate Mousse
- Quiche (Gluten Free, Lactose Free, Low FODMAP)
- Chicken Cacciatore
- Traditional Fruit Scones with Buttermilk