- 300 g raw brown rice (to mill)
- 120 g raw brown rice (to cook)
- 50 g oil, (I use mild olive)
- 70 g water, (extra 20 g if using seeds)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 25 g Toasted Sesame Seeds, (toast in oven, or in TMX)
- 1 tablespoon whole linseeds
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
8Recipe is created for
Measure in 300 g raw brown rice- Mill 1 minute/Speed 10. Set aside.
Second measure of raw rice, 120 g- Rinse in TMX basket then add 900g water to bowl, cook 35 mins/Varoma/Speed 1. Run cold water through to cool it.
Rinse bowl, then add cooked rice, milled raw rice, oil, water and salt, then mix 30 seconds/speed 7.
Add optional seeds then mix Reverse Speed/Turbo until just mixed.
Take one portion, place a sheet of baking paper on top and roll very thin. If it’s breaking up too much when rolling out, you'll need to place dough back in bowl and mix in more water. When dough is fairly thin, about 1mm thick, place baking tray on top, and flip thermomat over. Gently peel off thermomat.
Wait till they're cool before breaking the crackers along the scored cuts. But they're best eaten warm from the oven- now your mission is to try to resist eating the whole lot!
These are the healthiest and best rice crackers I have ever tasted, and everyone who has had them agrees! They're so good for a while I toyed with the idea of selling them commercially, as bought ones just do not compare. Keeping portions of cooked brown rice in the freezer,and toasting a big batch of sesame seeds means I can have these mixed and cooked within 35 mins. I often half the recipe. We love them with sun dried tomato hummus, made in the TMX.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Black Olive Biscuits with cheese filling
- Cheese and Chive Scones
- Chawanmushi - Savoury Custard
- Soda Bread with Feta & Rosemary
- Cheese and bacon pastries
- Olive and feta pinwheels
- Pizza Margherita Grazia's way
- Stilton, pear, potato and balsamic onions pie with walnut pastry crust
- Methi Bhaaji & Corn Tart
- BRESAOLA AND WILD ROCKET PIZZA
- Vegan Sun Dried Tomato Scones
- Key Lime Pie
- Devilled Eggs
- Buffalo Wings
- Nectarine and Peach Smoothie
- Panna Cottas with Peaches and Thyme Syrup
- Peach and Raspberry Crumble
- Couscous Vegetable Salad
- Salmon Omelette
- Nectarine, Banana and Green Tea Lollies
- Lamb and Paprika Rice
- Lamb Stuffed with Dried Fruit and Nuts
- RAVIOLI WITH SWEET RICOTTA FILLING AND LAMB RAGU
- Lemon Meringue Pie - Gluten Free & Lactose Free & Soya Free & Nut Free
- Paleo Beef Burgers
- Variation The Perfect Lasagne
- Healthier hobnob style cookies
- Variation Chicken Enchiladas
- Honey Pork Ribs
- Muhammara (Red pepper and walnut dip)
- Choc Chip Oat and Quinoa Cookies
- JEAN's OWN VEGETABLE SOUP
- Cranberry Curd
- Guilt free raw chocolate treats
- Healthy breakfast