- 150 g butter, diced, plus extra for greasing
- 1 lemon, juice and thin peelings of skin
- 300 g courgettes, cut in pieces (4cm)
- 170 g caster sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 220 g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 220 g sultanas
- 70 g pine nuts
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease sides of a deep springform tin (Ø 28cm) with butterand line base with baking paper.
- Place lemon peelings in mixing bowl and grate 10 sec/speed 9. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula and grate again 10 sec/speed 9.
- Add courgettes and chop 3 sec/speed 4. Transfer to a small bowl and set aside.
- Place butter and sugar in mixing bowl and cream 20 sec/speed 4. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula, then creamagain 20 sec/speed 4.
- Add eggs and mix 20 sec/speed 4 until incorporated; the mixture will look curdled.
- Add flour and baking powder then mix 20 sec/speed 4. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
- Add reserved coutgette-lemon peel mixture, sultanas 50g pine nuts and lemon juice, then stir in with spatula.
- Insert spatula through hole in mixing bowl lid and mix 15 sec//speed 3. Transfer to prepared tin, spread evenly and scatter remaining 20 g pine nutes over the top. Bake 40 minutes (180°C) until golden on top and a skewer inserted in centre of cake comes out clean. Allow to cool completely in the tin before removing to serve.
Courgette and Pine Nut Cake
Accessories you need
The courgettes for this recipe need to be sweet so this is best made in the early summer when courgettes are at their smallest. Otherwise choose small baby courgettes.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Black Olive Biscuits with cheese filling
- Cheese and Chive Scones
- Chawanmushi - Savoury Custard
- Soda Bread with Feta & Rosemary
- Cheese and bacon pastries
- Olive and feta pinwheels
- Pizza Margherita Grazia's way
- Stilton, pear, potato and balsamic onions pie with walnut pastry crust
- Methi Bhaaji & Corn Tart
- BRESAOLA AND WILD ROCKET PIZZA
- Vegan Sun Dried Tomato Scones
- Key Lime Pie
- Devilled Eggs
- Buffalo Wings
- Nectarine and Peach Smoothie
- Panna Cottas with Peaches and Thyme Syrup
- Peach and Raspberry Crumble
- Couscous Vegetable Salad
- Salmon Omelette
- Nectarine, Banana and Green Tea Lollies
- Lamb and Paprika Rice
- Lamb Stuffed with Dried Fruit and Nuts
- RAVIOLI WITH SWEET RICOTTA FILLING AND LAMB RAGU
- Baked Marble Cheesecake with Brownie Base
- Russian Honey cake
- Nutella Crepes
- Oatmeal with Chia Seeds
- Chicken Chasni
- Sweet Light Scones
- Granola Bars
- Mini Carrot Muffins (Baby/Toddler - no added sugar)
- Lemon Meringue Pie - Gluten Free & Lactose Free & Soya Free & Nut Free
- Paleo Flourless Brownie Bite
- Variation The Perfect Lasagne
- Victoria Sponge