- 200 grams water, Lukewarm
- 1.5 tablespoon Yeast, Dried
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1.5 teaspoons salt
- 4 tablespoon olive oil
- 320 grams bakers flour
- 1 teaspoon Bread Improver (Optional)
- --- grated cheese, to taste
- --- dried italian herbs
- Butter (Approx tablespoon)
Add water, yeast, sugar, salt and oil to TM bowl. Mix 30 seconds speed 3. Allow to rest in TM bowl 5 mins, should be slightly frothy.
Add bakers flour and bread improver (if using). Mix 30 seconds speed 5.
Knead 8 mins. Dough should be soft, a little sticky and very elastic.
Place dough into a bowl, cover with cling film. Allow to prove in warm place until doubled in size.
Divide dough into 4 portions. stretch out to make 4 long loaves approx 9 inches long. Place on baking paper, at least 2 inches apart.
Sprinkle with dried Italian herbs and a little grated cheese. Allow to prove again until doubled in size. Whilst on second prove, preheat oven to 180 degrees.
Bake in 180 degree oven for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and place loaves on cooling rack. Lightly rub a little butter over the top of each loaf. Cover loaves with a tea towel while they cool. This last step ensures perfectly soft Subway style bread.
Stay close to TM while kneading, to ensure it doesn't 'walk' off the bench.
Some have been finding the dough too sticky when using my original recipe. I have edited my original recipe to include a little more flour. The 320 grams of flour now listed should deliver a sticky dough that you can stretch into long loaves. Sprinkle with a little extra flour when working with dough if necessary.
I prove my bread on the middle shelf of a cold oven, with a tray full of boiling water on the bottom shelf (Thanks Thermomumma)
For plain white Subway style bread, just leave out Italian Herbs and Cheese.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Cheese and bacon pastries
- Olive and feta pinwheels
- Pizza Margherita Grazia's way
- Stilton, pear, potato and balsamic onions pie with walnut pastry crust
- Methi Bhaaji & Corn Tart
- BRESAOLA AND WILD ROCKET PIZZA
- Vegan Sun Dried Tomato Scones
- Vegetable Scones
- Sweet potato muffins
- Sausage rolls with rosemary, fennel and parmesan cheese
- Omelette Muffins
- Key Lime Pie
- Devilled Eggs
- Buffalo Wings
- Nectarine and Peach Smoothie
- Panna Cottas with Peaches and Thyme Syrup
- Peach and Raspberry Crumble
- Couscous Vegetable Salad
- Salmon Omelette
- Nectarine, Banana and Green Tea Lollies
- Lamb and Paprika Rice
- Lamb Stuffed with Dried Fruit and Nuts
- RAVIOLI WITH SWEET RICOTTA FILLING AND LAMB RAGU
- Chilli prawn linguine
- Easy "Roast" Chicken & Veg
- Red rice with feta, beetroot and smoked mackerel
- Healthy & Delicious Sea Bass Noodle Soup
- Vanilla & Strawberry cheesecake (unbaked)
- Summer Pudding
- Nigella' no churn lemon ice cream
- Easy fruit loaf
- Thermomix Lemon Cod with anchovies
- Chocolate Mousse
- Quiche (Gluten Free, Lactose Free, Low FODMAP)
- Chicken Cacciatore