THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 100 grams almonds
- 50 grams golden flax seeds
- 40 grams butter
- 30 grams water
- 1 leek, roughly diced
- 50 grams butter
- 50 grams white wine
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Edc vege stock concentrate
- 100 grams Cheddar cheese
- 300-500 grams cooked chicken, left over from stock, roast or other left overs
- salt and pepper to season
- 1 pear
- 200 grams Cheddar cheese, extra for the top
Grind the nuts and seeds for 10 secs./speed 10
Add the butter and mix for 5 secs./speed 5.
Add the water and mix for 5 secs./speed 5.
You need to use cooked chicken as raw will let out too much liquid. You can quickly steam some in the varoma and pop in the fridge or freezer to cool. But, this recipe was developed specifically to tastily use up the chicken picked of the bones from home made stock. I use just wings for my stock, easy cheap and lots of gelatin. They are also easy to pull the meat off.
Chop your leek in the mixing bowl for 5-7 secs./speed 5. Add the butter and saute 5 mins./Varoma/speed1.5.
Add the wine and saute 5 mins./Varoma/speed1.5.
Add the 100 grams of cheddar (previously grated in Thermomix or simply diced), the mustard and stock as well as seasoning and stir for 5 secs/speed4.
If your chicken is very soft then stir through very gently on speed 2 for as long as it takes to combine.
Your crust should be blind baked by now, fill it now with your filling.
Bake at 180'C for 30-40 minutes until bubbling and golden.
Flax & Almond Crust
This pie is gorgeous cold the next day. The cheese and chicken set rather firmly and the pear is a lovely contrast.
Originally I came up with this recipe to use up the meat from making chicken stock, now I look forward to it evey time I make a batch of stock. So the meat is not completely tastless I take it off the bones after 8-12 hours of cooking and toss the bones back in to carry on. If using wings for stock only take the meat from the two meatier sections not the tip section which is better left in the stock.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Cheese and bacon pastries
- Olive and feta pinwheels
- Pizza Margherita Grazia's way
- Stilton, pear, potato and balsamic onions pie with walnut pastry crust
- Methi Bhaaji & Corn Tart
- BRESAOLA AND WILD ROCKET PIZZA
- Vegan Sun Dried Tomato Scones
- Vegetable Scones
- Sweet potato muffins
- Sausage rolls with rosemary, fennel and parmesan cheese
- Omelette Muffins
- Key Lime Pie
- Devilled Eggs
- Buffalo Wings
- Nectarine and Peach Smoothie
- Panna Cottas with Peaches and Thyme Syrup
- Peach and Raspberry Crumble
- Couscous Vegetable Salad
- Salmon Omelette
- Nectarine, Banana and Green Tea Lollies
- Lamb and Paprika Rice
- Lamb Stuffed with Dried Fruit and Nuts
- RAVIOLI WITH SWEET RICOTTA FILLING AND LAMB RAGU
- Chilli prawn linguine
- Easy "Roast" Chicken & Veg
- Healthy & Delicious Sea Bass Noodle Soup
- Vanilla & Strawberry cheesecake (unbaked)
- Thermomix Lemon Cod with anchovies
- Quiche (Gluten Free, Lactose Free, Low FODMAP)
- Traditional Fruit Scones with Buttermilk
- Pizza Margherita Grazia's way
- Rainbow cake
- Cauliflower Soup