- 120 g cheddar or tasty cheese, cubed
- 80 g butter
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 440 g self raising flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 60 g butter, Extra
- 80 g cheddar or tasty cheese, cubed, Extra
- 380 g buttermilk
8Recipe is created for
Preheat oven to 220C. Line a baking tray with non stick baking paper.
Place cheese in TM bowl and grate for 6 seconds on speed 8. Add butter, mustard and cayenne pepper, mix for 6 seconds on speed 6, or until combined. Set aside. No need to wash the bowl.
Place flour, salt, extra butter and extra cheese into TM bowl and mix for approx. 8 seconds on speed 8, or until mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
Add buttermilk, and mix for approx. 8 seconds on speed 5, until dough almost comes together.
Set dial to closed lid position and mix for 20 seconds on Interval speed to form a soft and sticky dough. Place on a lightly floured surface and press out to 2.5cm thick. Dip a 5cm cutter into flour, to prevent dough sticking. Cut out scones, and place so just touching on prepared baking tray.
Spoon 1 teaspoon of reserved cheese mixture onto the top of each scone. Bake for 16-20 minutes, or until golden and hollow when tapped on top.
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Black Olive Biscuits with cheese filling
- Cheese and Chive Scones
- Chawanmushi - Savoury Custard
- Soda Bread with Feta & Rosemary
- Cheese and bacon pastries
- Olive and feta pinwheels
- Pizza Margherita Grazia's way
- Stilton, pear, potato and balsamic onions pie with walnut pastry crust
- Methi Bhaaji & Corn Tart
- BRESAOLA AND WILD ROCKET PIZZA
- Vegan Sun Dried Tomato Scones
- Key Lime Pie
- Devilled Eggs
- Buffalo Wings
- Nectarine and Peach Smoothie
- Panna Cottas with Peaches and Thyme Syrup
- Peach and Raspberry Crumble
- Couscous Vegetable Salad
- Salmon Omelette
- Nectarine, Banana and Green Tea Lollies
- Lamb and Paprika Rice
- Lamb Stuffed with Dried Fruit and Nuts
- RAVIOLI WITH SWEET RICOTTA FILLING AND LAMB RAGU
- Variation The Perfect Lasagne
- Healthier hobnob style cookies
- Variation Chicken Enchiladas
- Victoria Sponge
- Muhammara (Red pepper and walnut dip)
- Choc Chip Oat and Quinoa Cookies
- Cranberry Curd
- Guilt free raw chocolate treats
- Healthy breakfast
- Chocolate pear cake
- Butternut squash and bacon soup
- Healthy carrot cake pancakes