- 450 g plain flour
- 3 level tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 120 g butter, Cold, cut into 1 cm dice
- 210 g Cheddar cheese, Mature or vintage, cut into 3 cm dice250
- 1/2 tsp mustard, Powdered or Dijon
- 10 sprig Fresh chives, Cut into 3 cm lengths
- 250 g milk, Plus extra for glazing
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Preheat oven to 220C and line a baking tray with baking paper. Put flour, baking powder and salt into the mixing bowl and mix 4 secs/speed 8. Add butter, cheese and chives then chop 4-6 secs/speed 4.
2. Add milk and knead 20 secs/. Scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl and knead 3-10 secs/ until the dough just comes together.
3. Turn the bowl upside down on a floured surface and release blades so the dough comes out. Pat together gently into a round approximately 1.5 cm thick and, using a floured cutter (6cm diameter) cut straight down without twisting (this makes your scones rise evenly). Bring dough back together and cut more rounds until dough is finished. Arrange scones on baking tray and brush with milk.
4. Bake for at 220C for 15 mins or until golden. Serve warm or cold as wished. Great as a snack or with a bowl of soup.
Accessories you need
Try different herbs like coriander or basil. Other variations; garlic and rosemary, sundried tomatoes, olives and use a mix of cheeses eg Parmesan.
Can easily be made with gluten free flour - this may need an extra 10-20g of liquid.
To make a richer dough, use an egg to replace the equivalent amount of milk.
Sprinkle top with extra cheese!!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- - 0817918858 whatsap Sangoma @ doctor zuri Herbalist Traditional Healers In Queenstown Uitenhage Zwelitsha
- Olive Bread with Mediterranean herbs
- Black Olive Biscuits with cheese filling
- Chawanmushi - Savoury Custard
- Soda Bread with Feta & Rosemary
- Cheese and bacon pastries
- Olive and feta pinwheels
- Pizza Margherita Grazia's way
- Stilton, pear, potato and balsamic onions pie with walnut pastry crust
- Methi Bhaaji & Corn Tart
- BRESAOLA AND WILD ROCKET PIZZA
- Vegan Sun Dried Tomato Scones