- 4 eggs
- 560 g Bonito Dashi
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 10 g mirin
- 20 g light soy sauce
- 500 g water
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Put eggs into TM bowl mix 6 seconds speed 5 set aside.
- Put Dashi stock (or water and dashi stock powder ) into second TM5 bow
- Add salt to dashi stock and mix well - 5 secs speed 4.
- Add mirin and soy into dashi stock mix another 5 secs speed 4.
- Add eggs to dashi & mix 10 secs speed 5.
- Use a strainer to strain the mix. Pour into 6 ramekins. Place ramekins onto Varoma dish and tray, covering each level with damp baking paper.
- Place 500g cold water into TM bowl.
- Place Varoma on top of bowl and 20 min/ Varoma / Speed 2.
- Halfway through swop the ramekins between top tray and bottom Varoma dish. Ensure custard is cooked and extend cooking time if necessary.
This recipe is for plain chawan mushi but it lovely to add cooked chicken, prawns or any small ingredients to the mixture before steaming in the Varoma.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Olive Bread with Mediterranean herbs
- Black Olive Biscuits with cheese filling
- Cheese and Chive Scones
- Soda Bread with Feta & Rosemary
- Cheese and bacon pastries
- Olive and feta pinwheels
- Pizza Margherita Grazia's way
- Stilton, pear, potato and balsamic onions pie with walnut pastry crust
- Methi Bhaaji & Corn Tart
- BRESAOLA AND WILD ROCKET PIZZA
- Vegan Sun Dried Tomato Scones