- 450 grams bakers flour
- 1 level tablespoon Gluten flour
- 1 level teaspoon Yeast
- 1.25 teaspoons salt
- 375 grams warm water
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
Place flours and yeast into .
Wizz sp 4, 5 secs.
Add remaining ingredients.
Blend sp 7, 10 secs.
The mixture should be craggy and sticky.
Scrape from into a large greased bowl. Cover with greased plastic wrap and leave to sit a minimum of 6 hours up to 12 hours.
About 1/2 an hour before you are ready to bake, preheat your oven to it's highest setting. Mine is at 250c.
You will need a heat proof cast iron (or similar) pot with a lid.
Put this in the oven to heat up at the same time.
When your chosen (1st) proofing time is up, gently tip the sticky mix onto a sheet of well floured parchment paper.
Cover with a large upturned bowl or greased cling wrap.
Leave to prove for a further half hour.
Very carefully remove your preheated cast iron pot from the oven...it will be very hot...be careful!
Carefully lift the bread with the parchment paper on it into the pot.
Cover with the lid.
Bake at 250 for 10 minutes, then at 220 for a further 20 minutes.
After the 20 minutes has elapsed, carefully remove the lid...hot hot hot!!
Bake without the lid to brown the top...about 10 minutes until brown to your liking.
Remove from oven and place on a cooling rack.
Accessories you need
Although I put 6 hours prep. time, all but about 15 minutes of this time is time in which the bread proofs.
Make sure your pot is heat proof to a high temperature..a cast iron camping style lidded pot is perfect. I got mine at Kmart in the camping and outdoor section.
The end result is a very airy but crispy crust bread. It makes beautiful toast and bruschetta.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Cheese and bacon pastries
- Olive and feta pinwheels
- Pizza Margherita Grazia's way
- Stilton, pear, potato and balsamic onions pie with walnut pastry crust
- Methi Bhaaji & Corn Tart
- BRESAOLA AND WILD ROCKET PIZZA
- Vegan Sun Dried Tomato Scones
- Vegetable Scones
- Sweet potato muffins
- Sausage rolls with rosemary, fennel and parmesan cheese
- Omelette Muffins
- Key Lime Pie
- Devilled Eggs
- Buffalo Wings
- Nectarine and Peach Smoothie
- Panna Cottas with Peaches and Thyme Syrup
- Peach and Raspberry Crumble
- Couscous Vegetable Salad
- Salmon Omelette
- Nectarine, Banana and Green Tea Lollies
- Lamb and Paprika Rice
- Lamb Stuffed with Dried Fruit and Nuts
- RAVIOLI WITH SWEET RICOTTA FILLING AND LAMB RAGU
- Chilli prawn linguine
- Red rice with feta, beetroot and smoked mackerel
- Quiche (Gluten Free, Lactose Free, Low FODMAP)
- Chicken Cacciatore
- Traditional Fruit Scones with Buttermilk
- Beetroot Gazpacho
- Pizza Margherita Grazia's way
- Rainbow cake
- Cauliflower Soup
- Chocolate Dripping Cake
- Israeli Cous Cous Salad
- Peanut butter