- 30 g fresh yeast
- 370 g whole milk
- 60 g sugar
- 600 g bakers flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 270 g butter
- 1 egg, beaten
Place yeast, milk and sugar into mixing bowl and blend 5 sec/speed 6. Warm 2 min/37°C/speed 2.
Add flour and salt and combine 6 sec/speed 6. Knead for 3 min/.
Transfer mixture onto silicone bread mat or work surface and roll into a tight ball. Wrap with plastic wrap and allow to prove for 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, roll butter between two pieces of baking paper into a large flat square about 1 cm thick. Place into refrigerator.
Roll dough out into a square about 2cm thick. Place butter into centre of dough and fold corners in to meet in the middle as though it were an envelope.
Roll dough out again. Fold bottom third up and top third down over bottom. Roll flat and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Turn folded dough so that open ends are at the top and bottom and repeat folding bottom third up and top third down over bottom. Roll flat and wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Repeat rolling, wrapping and refrigerating at least three more times. The dough and butter should start forming thin layers.
Pre-heat oven to 200°C and line a large baking tray with paper.
Roll dough out one final time to a large rectangle around 2cm thick.
Cut into triangles and roll, starting with wide part and finishing with pointy end. Brush with egg and bake for 15 minutes (200°C) or until golden and puffy.
This recipe is from Thermomix Food Lovers Calendar 2012.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Black Olive Biscuits with cheese filling
- Cheese and Chive Scones
- Chawanmushi - Savoury Custard
- Soda Bread with Feta & Rosemary
- Cheese and bacon pastries
- Olive and feta pinwheels
- Pizza Margherita Grazia's way
- Stilton, pear, potato and balsamic onions pie with walnut pastry crust
- Methi Bhaaji & Corn Tart
- BRESAOLA AND WILD ROCKET PIZZA
- Vegan Sun Dried Tomato Scones
- Key Lime Pie
- Devilled Eggs
- Buffalo Wings
- Nectarine and Peach Smoothie
- Panna Cottas with Peaches and Thyme Syrup
- Peach and Raspberry Crumble
- Couscous Vegetable Salad
- Salmon Omelette
- Nectarine, Banana and Green Tea Lollies
- Lamb and Paprika Rice
- Lamb Stuffed with Dried Fruit and Nuts
- RAVIOLI WITH SWEET RICOTTA FILLING AND LAMB RAGU
- Granola Bars
- Mini Carrot Muffins (Baby/Toddler - no added sugar)
- Roasted Red Pepper Puree
- Lemon Meringue Pie - Gluten Free & Lactose Free & Soya Free & Nut Free
- Paleo Flourless Brownie Bite
- Paleo Beef Burgers
- Variation The Perfect Lasagne
- Healthier hobnob style cookies
- Variation Chicken Enchiladas
- Victoria Sponge
- Muhammara (Red pepper and walnut dip)
- Choc Chip Oat and Quinoa Cookies