- 100 g Cheddar cheese
- 140 g water
- 2 tsp dried instant yeast, or 20 g fresh yeast
- 1 pinch sugar
- 250 g strong white bread flour, plus extra for dusting
- 3/4 tsp fine sea salt
- butter, for greasing
- 400-500 g brussels sprouts, peeled and halved
- 500 g water
- 100 g onions, quartered
- 1 clove garlic
- 30 g butter
- 130 g pancetta, diced
- 200 g sour cream
- 3 eggs, medium
- 1 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 tsp dried marjoram
- 2 pinches ground black pepper
- 2 pinches ground nutmeg
1h 30minPreparation 1h 0minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Place cheese in mixing bowl and grate 5 sec/speed 6. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Place water, yeast and sugar in mixing bowl then heat 2 min/37°C/speed 2.
- Add flour and salt then knead 2 min/"Dough mode" . Meanwhile, flour a large bowl. Transfer dough to prepared bowl, cover and set aside to rise for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, clean and dry mixing bowl.
- Insert simmering basket. Weigh in Brussels sprouts and water then steam 20 min/Varoma/speed 1. Meanwhile, grease a spring form tin (Ø 26 cm).
- Remove simmering basket with aid of spatula and set aside. Empty water from mixing bowl. Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Place onions and garlic in mixing bowl then chop 3 sec/speed 5. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
- Add butter and pancetta then sauté 3 min/Varoma/speed 1.
- Add sour cream, eggs, salt, marjoram, pepper and nutmeg then mix 10 sec/"Counter-clockwise operation" /speed 4.
- Roll out dough on a floured surface to at least 5 cm wider than prepared tin. Press into tin and form a 5 cm rim.
- Scatter reserved steamed sprouts over dough then pour egg mixture over. Sprinkle with reserved grated cheese then fold dough edges towards middle. Bake for 30-35 minutes (200°C) until set and golden. Leave to rest for 10 minutes before slicing and serving warm.
Accessories you need
Do not use a tin smaller than Ø26cm or the filling may flow over the pastry edge.
Small sprouts do not need to be halved.
Ideal for Boxing Day -could be preparedwith leftover sprouts or other vegetables.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Olive Bread with Mediterranean herbs
- Black Olive Biscuits with cheese filling
- Cheese and Chive Scones
- Chawanmushi - Savoury Custard
- Soda Bread with Feta & Rosemary
- Cheese and bacon pastries
- Olive and feta pinwheels
- Pizza Margherita Grazia's way
- Stilton, pear, potato and balsamic onions pie with walnut pastry crust
- Methi Bhaaji & Corn Tart
- BRESAOLA AND WILD ROCKET PIZZA
- Vegan Sun Dried Tomato Scones
- Key Lime Pie
- Devilled Eggs
- Buffalo Wings
- Nectarine and Peach Smoothie
- Panna Cottas with Peaches and Thyme Syrup
- Peach and Raspberry Crumble
- Couscous Vegetable Salad
- Salmon Omelette
- Lamb and Paprika Rice
- Lamb Stuffed with Dried Fruit and Nuts
- RAVIOLI WITH SWEET RICOTTA FILLING AND LAMB RAGU
- Omelette Muffins