- 1 egg
- qtr tsp sea salt
- 160 g milk
- 120 g Self Raising Flour, (make your own on pg 21 EDC)
- qtr tsp baking powder, (make your own on pg 21 EDC)
- 1 tsp sugar
Place all ingredients in and mix for 6secs on speed 5.
Scrape down sides of and repeat this step until the batter is a smooth consistency.
Heat a frypan with a little butter over low heat then pour batter into greased egg rings and cook for approximately 8-10mins keeping the heat low.
When they stop bubbling and the base is a golden brown they are ready.
You can flip them over and cook for a further 2mins before eating, or they can be toasted for a crunchier taste.
You can refrigerate in an airtight container and toasted as required.
Serve with your favourite topping ie. butter, honey or maple syrup. For a savoury option, toast and serve with poached eggs and bacon. There are lots of different ways to eat these delicious crumpets......
If you are not in a hurry, the batter can be covered and kept in the fridge for a few hours or even overnight and cooked the next day for a better result.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Black Olive Biscuits with cheese filling
- Cheese and Chive Scones
- Chawanmushi - Savoury Custard
- Soda Bread with Feta & Rosemary
- Cheese and bacon pastries
- Olive and feta pinwheels
- Pizza Margherita Grazia's way
- Stilton, pear, potato and balsamic onions pie with walnut pastry crust
- Methi Bhaaji & Corn Tart
- BRESAOLA AND WILD ROCKET PIZZA
- Vegan Sun Dried Tomato Scones
- Key Lime Pie
- Devilled Eggs
- Buffalo Wings
- Nectarine and Peach Smoothie
- Panna Cottas with Peaches and Thyme Syrup
- Peach and Raspberry Crumble
- Couscous Vegetable Salad
- Salmon Omelette
- Nectarine, Banana and Green Tea Lollies
- Lamb and Paprika Rice
- Lamb Stuffed with Dried Fruit and Nuts
- RAVIOLI WITH SWEET RICOTTA FILLING AND LAMB RAGU
- Sweet Light Scones
- Mini Carrot Muffins (Baby/Toddler - no added sugar)
- Lemon Meringue Pie - Gluten Free & Lactose Free & Soya Free & Nut Free
- Paleo Beef Burgers
- Chicken curry
- Variation The Perfect Lasagne
- Healthier hobnob style cookies
- Victoria Sponge
- Choc Chip Oat and Quinoa Cookies
- Cranberry Curd
- Guilt free raw chocolate treats
- Healthy breakfast