- 330 g water
- 10 g fresh yeast, crumbled pr 1 tsp dried instant yeast (4 g)
- oil, for greasing
- 500 g bread flour, plus extra for dusting
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
4h 15minPreparation 30minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Place water and yeast into mixing bowl and warm 2 min/37°C/speed 2. Meanwhile, lightly grease a large bowl and set aside.
- Add flour and salt and knead 2 min//. Transfer dough into prepared bowl. Cover bowl with cling film or a damp kitchen towel and let rise until doubled in size (approx 1 1/2 hours).
- On a lightly floured surface, use a large knife to seperate dough into three equal pieces. Gently flatten and roll each piece loosely into a log shape and set aside on a lightly floured surface. Dust rolls lightly with flour, cover with cling film or a damp kitchen towel and allow to rest for 20 minutes.
- Again, gently flatten each piece of dough into a rectangle, taking care to preserve the air bubbles trapped within. Roll dough again into a log shape. Pinch seam of roll with your fingers to seal. Elongate roll into a baguette shape, rolling back and forth exerting gentle pressure from the middle of the baguette to its ends. Place baguettes seam-side down onto baking paper, pulling up paper between baguettes to create a low wall. This will help baguettes to hold their shape and will prevent them from sticking to each other as they rise. Cover baguettes loosely with cling film or a damp kitchen towel and let rise for a further 45 minutes.
- 20 minutes before end of rising time, place 2 baking trays into lower part of oven, one tray on the lowest rung, the other on a rung above. Preheat oven to 250°C.
- Prepare approx. 100 g very hot water in a cup. Slash baguettes with a very sharp knife, making three overlapping slashes along the length of each bread. Slide baguettes, together with baking paper, onto the top preheated baking tray. Quickly but also carefully splash the hot water onto the lower baking tray to create steam and immediately close oven door to trap the steam. Bake for 20 minutes (250°C), or until dark golden brown. If baguettes seem quite brown before end of baking time, reduce oven temperature to 230°C. Allow baguettes to cool for 20 minutes before slicing.
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Olive Bread with Mediterranean herbs
- Black Olive Biscuits with cheese filling
- Cheese and Chive Scones
- Chawanmushi - Savoury Custard
- Soda Bread with Feta & Rosemary
- Cheese and bacon pastries
- Olive and feta pinwheels
- Pizza Margherita Grazia's way
- Stilton, pear, potato and balsamic onions pie with walnut pastry crust
- Methi Bhaaji & Corn Tart
- BRESAOLA AND WILD ROCKET PIZZA
- Key Lime Pie
- Devilled Eggs
- Buffalo Wings
- Nectarine and Peach Smoothie
- Panna Cottas with Peaches and Thyme Syrup
- Peach and Raspberry Crumble
- Couscous Vegetable Salad
- Salmon Omelette
- Nectarine, Banana and Green Tea Lollies
- Lamb and Paprika Rice
- Lamb Stuffed with Dried Fruit and Nuts
- RAVIOLI WITH SWEET RICOTTA FILLING AND LAMB RAGU
- Vegan Banana Pancakes
- Icetea Sirup Cherry
- Buttermilk whitebread loaf
- Olive Bread with Mediterranean herbs
- Philadelphia cheese
- Sugar Free Plain Yoghurt
- Chorizo Risotto
- Tomato Ketchup - Sugar Free
- The Best Boozy Chilli Con Carne
- Fat and Gluten Free Pepper Steak Sauce
- Cauliflower mash
- Red pepper and tomato soup