- 300 g lukewarm water
- 2 tsp dried yeast
- 520 g bakers' flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 20 g olive oil
- 100 g Cheddar cheese, cut into 1.5cm cubes
- 2x400g can corn kernels
- 3-4 Rashers of Bacon, roughly chopped
- 1 onion, quartered
- 2 shallots, cut into 5cm batons
- 20 g olive oil
- 300 g sour cream
- 50 g baby spinach, (optional)
- 1. Make Basic Bread from Everyday Cookbook using 520g of Bakers Flour, knead and prove in Thermomat or bowl.
- 2. Shape, free form into a 20cm diameter flattened dome. (Optional to prove another 15 minutes before baking)
- 3. Bake 200 degrees C fan forced for 25 minutes (not in a preheated oven), cool slightly.
- 1. Turn oven down to 180 degrees C fan forced.
- 2. Whilst bread is cooling grate cheddar, 10sec / speed 9, remove from bowl.
- 3. Add 1 can of drained corn, chop 3 sec / speed 6, remove from bowl in with the cheese.
- 4. Add bacon, onion and shallots chop 3 sec / speed 7. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- 5. Add olive oil and sauté 3 min / Varoma / speed 1. MC off.
- 6. Add reserved corn and cheese, the other can of corn and sour cream. Combine 5 sec / speed 5.
- 7. Optional, add baby spinach. Combine 10 sec / speed 3.
- 8. Cut top of bread and break into 3cm pieces, cut a deep cavity leaving a 1cm border and break that reserved bread into 3cm pieces.
- 9. Place cob loaf onto a baking tray and bread pieces on the tray around the loaf.
- 10. Fill cob loaf with the mix (do not overfill) and bake for 20 minutes or until heated through.
Basic Bread EDC - Cob Loaf
Bacon and Corn Filling
Left over filling you can use as a dip with crackers or all a few eggs, a couple of tablespoons of flour and use as a pie/quiche filling
Variations: Replace cheddar with mozzarella, replace bacon with ham or add mushroom.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Black Olive Biscuits with cheese filling
- Cheese and Chive Scones
- Chawanmushi - Savoury Custard
- Soda Bread with Feta & Rosemary
- Cheese and bacon pastries
- Olive and feta pinwheels
- Pizza Margherita Grazia's way
- Stilton, pear, potato and balsamic onions pie with walnut pastry crust
- Methi Bhaaji & Corn Tart
- BRESAOLA AND WILD ROCKET PIZZA
- Vegan Sun Dried Tomato Scones
- Key Lime Pie
- Devilled Eggs
- Buffalo Wings
- Nectarine and Peach Smoothie
- Panna Cottas with Peaches and Thyme Syrup
- Peach and Raspberry Crumble
- Couscous Vegetable Salad
- Salmon Omelette
- Nectarine, Banana and Green Tea Lollies
- Lamb and Paprika Rice
- Lamb Stuffed with Dried Fruit and Nuts
- RAVIOLI WITH SWEET RICOTTA FILLING AND LAMB RAGU
- Variation The Perfect Lasagne
- Healthier hobnob style cookies
- Variation Chicken Enchiladas
- Curried sweet potato soup
- Honey Pork Ribs
- Muhammara (Red pepper and walnut dip)
- Choc Chip Oat and Quinoa Cookies
- JEAN's OWN VEGETABLE SOUP
- Guilt free raw chocolate treats
- Healthy breakfast
- Tomato and red pepper soup
- Chocolate pear cake