- parmesan cheese, (could use a combination of Parmesan & cheddar)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 onion, or 1 medium leek
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 200 grams spiral or bow pasta, (or smaller shapes or shells for the kids)
- 500 grams water
- 1 carrot
- 1 tablespoon vegetable stock concentrate
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste, (optional)
- 300 gram tomato or pasta sauce
- 220 gram Chicken - cooked & chopped, (I used 1/2 BBQ chicken)
Place parmesan cheese (and cheddar if using) into TM bowl and chop for 10 seconds Speed 8. Set aside to use later.
Put garlic and onion &/or leek into TM bowl and chop for 5 seconds on Speed 8. Scrape down sides of bowl and repeat if necessary.
Add olive oil and saute with MC off at 100 for 3 minutes on speed 2.
Add carrot and chop for 10 seconds on speed 8. Scrape down bowl. Cook at 100 for 2 minutes on speed 2.
Add pasta, stock and water and cook on reverse for 10 minutes on 100 Speed 1.5 (Optional: As all pasta is different check pasta at 9 minutes and stop if cooked).
Add tomato paste, tomato sauce and chicken. Use spatula to combine or mix on reverse speed 5 for a few seconds. Cook for 3 minutes at 100 on Reverse and Speed 1.5.
Serve topped with grated cheese.
Blend for smal babies if required.
Serves 4 adults.
Yummy Chicken Pasta
A great meal for the whole family - you can add chilli and/or white wine for adults. or use alphabet pasta or smaller shells for small kids. A fantastic quick and easy dish for all ages! My 11mth and 3yr old loved it!
You can also add in more carrot or other vegies such as zucchini at the same time as the carrot.
I used TM homemade tomato paste and tomato (pasta) sauce. You could omit the paste and use a bottled tomato/pasta sauce instead or even add fresh tomatoes. Any combination of tomatoes would work! If using fresh tomatoes with a higher water content you may need to slightly reduce the added water amount.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chicken and leek baby puree
- Baby Puree - Baby's first chicken casserole
- Baby Puree - Sweet potato with Spinach and Peas
- Baby Pumpkin Puree 4+ months
- Baby Vanilla Custard
- Fruity mini muffins
- Sweet potato cookies
- Baby fruit puree - Pear, apple and pomegranate 9 months and over - Essential living mumma
- Fruit Bars with Oats (toddlers & babies)
- Baby's first chicken dinner/ Chicken and vegetable puree
- Baby Rice Rusks
- Cauliflower Nuggets
- Key Lime Pie
- Devilled Eggs
- Buffalo Wings
- Nectarine and Peach Smoothie
- Panna Cottas with Peaches and Thyme Syrup
- Peach and Raspberry Crumble
- Couscous Vegetable Salad
- Salmon Omelette
- Nectarine, Banana and Green Tea Lollies
- Lamb and Paprika Rice
- Lamb Stuffed with Dried Fruit and Nuts
- RAVIOLI WITH SWEET RICOTTA FILLING AND LAMB RAGU