- 1000 grams premium beef mince, (or mince steak yourself as per EDC)
- 1/2 onion, (peeled)
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 carrots
- 1/2 small zucchini
- 1/2-1 red capsicum, (depending on size)
- 100 grams pumpkin, (peeled)
- 1-2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp vegetable stock concentrate
- 100 grams breadcrumbs, (I whizzed up a slice of Cyndi O'Mearas gluten free bread that I had lying around)
- 5-6 sheets puff pastry, (I also used filo pastry (2 sheets stuck together with a spray of rice bran oil for each sausage roll))
- 1 egg, (If child is allergic to egg, use 1 tsp egg replacer or 1 tbs chia seeds)
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees celcius.
2. As per packet instructions, prepare pastry sheets ready for use. If using filo sheets, spray one lightly with olive oil (or brush with melted butter) and place another one top, pressing down gently.
3. If making your own breadcrumbs, place bread slices in TM bowl and turbo pulse until a fine crumb is formed. Set aside.
4. Place onion and garlic in TM bowl and chop on speed 5 for a few seconds (until cant hear them being chopped any more). Add remaining veggies and chop on 5 for a further 10-20 seconds until you get a very fine chop - almost a 'raw puree'.
5. Pour mixture into TM simmering basket (or fine sieve) and press gently to extract most of the liquid. Place back in TM bowl and add mince, egg, tomato paste and stock concentrate. Pulse on turbo (using spatula to help if necessary) until all combined.
6. Spoon mixture out into a line across the top length of a pastry sheet (I use about a tbs of mixture thickness so more or less than that will alter the amount of sausage rolls this qty will make). Roll the sheet over the mixture and relatively tightly to hold the filling in place. This will only take up a third to half a sheet. Seal with a bit of water or eggwash.
7. Repeat with remaining mixture and pastry sheets.
8. Place rolls on baking tray lined with baking paper. Brush with eggwash, melted butter or milk. You can either cut them up at this stage (the qty of 42 was based on getting 6 bite sized pieces out of each roll) or cook them as a whole roll and cut them once cooked.
9. Cook for 15-25 minutes (depending on whether you cut them into pieces or not) or until pastry is golden brown.
These are so tasty the kids wont know how full of veggies they really are!
Young toddlers will find them easy to eat due to their fine/smooth consistency (for really young toddlers you may want to cut them up extra fine so they can chew the pastry in smaller pieces).
Add whatever veggies you have in your fridge. These are just what I had on hand but cauliflower, spinach leaves, mushrooms, corn etc would work just as well.
Great for lunches and dinner.
Suitable to freeze as long as the meat (and pastry) has not been frozen previously.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chicken and leek baby puree
- Baby Puree - Baby's first chicken casserole
- Baby Puree - Sweet potato with Spinach and Peas
- Baby Pumpkin Puree 4+ months
- Baby Vanilla Custard
- Fruity mini muffins
- Sweet potato cookies
- Baby fruit puree - Pear, apple and pomegranate 9 months and over - Essential living mumma
- Fruit Bars with Oats (toddlers & babies)
- Baby's first chicken dinner/ Chicken and vegetable puree
- Baby Rice Rusks
- Cauliflower Nuggets
- Key Lime Pie
- Devilled Eggs
- Buffalo Wings
- Nectarine and Peach Smoothie
- Panna Cottas with Peaches and Thyme Syrup
- Peach and Raspberry Crumble
- Couscous Vegetable Salad
- Salmon Omelette
- Nectarine, Banana and Green Tea Lollies
- Lamb and Paprika Rice
- Lamb Stuffed with Dried Fruit and Nuts
- RAVIOLI WITH SWEET RICOTTA FILLING AND LAMB RAGU
- Pennette with saffron and prawns
- sun dried tomatoes pesto
- peppers and balsamic vinegar gazpacho
- Rice fish and vegetables all in one
- Chawanmushi - Savoury Custard
- Courgette & Chorizo Soup
- Peanut Butter Cookies
- Chilli prawn linguine
- Healthy & Delicious Sea Bass Noodle Soup
- Summer Pudding
- Cheese and bacon pastries
- Chocolate Mousse