- 6 potatoes, peeled and cubed, (medium nadine potatoes work well)
- 1 green capsicum, roughly chopped, (can be substituted with Okra if preferred)
- 2 sticks celery, chopped
- 1 brown onion, peeled and quartered
- 2 cloves garlic
- 200 grams bacon, sliced, (smoked bacon is best!)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 250ml chicken stock
Steam potatoes in heated Varoma for 20 minutes. Set aside, and empty water from the TM bowl.
Chop garlic and onion for 3 seconds on speed 7. Scrape down the sides with the spatula. Add oil, and saute for 3 minutes on Varoma temperature, speed 1.
Add celery, capsicum and bacon. Saute for a further 5 minutes on Varoma temperature, speed 1.
Add flour, combine with other ingredients for 3 seconds on speed 4. Add chicken stock and potatoes, cook for 5 minutes at Varoma temperature on Reverse, Speed Soft.
Best served immediately but can be frozen in smaller portions.
This recipe is inspired by dishes I ate in New Orleans and is my own recipe for
potato gumbo - gumbo's are typically made with shrimp. I make this dish for adults
too - this recipe will make 4 adult side portions and it is great served with steak,
chicken or white fish. I usually add a good dash of cajun spices to the adult version
to make it taste more authentic. This recipe is how I would make it for my toddler
although I occasionally add in some diced chicken for extra protein, she just loves it.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Quick and Tasty Healthy Food Recipes
- Chicken and leek baby puree
- Baby Puree - Baby's first chicken casserole
- Baby Puree - Sweet potato with Spinach and Peas
- Baby Pumpkin Puree 4+ months
- Baby Vanilla Custard
- Fruity mini muffins
- Sweet potato cookies
- Baby fruit puree - Pear, apple and pomegranate 9 months and over - Essential living mumma
- Fruit Bars with Oats (toddlers & babies)
- Baby's first chicken dinner/ Chicken and vegetable puree
- Baby Rice Rusks
- Key Lime Pie
- Devilled Eggs
- Buffalo Wings
- Nectarine and Peach Smoothie
- Panna Cottas with Peaches and Thyme Syrup
- Peach and Raspberry Crumble
- Couscous Vegetable Salad
- Salmon Omelette
- Nectarine, Banana and Green Tea Lollies
- Lamb and Paprika Rice
- Lamb Stuffed with Dried Fruit and Nuts
- RAVIOLI WITH SWEET RICOTTA FILLING AND LAMB RAGU
- Muhammara (Red pepper and walnut dip)
- Tomato and red pepper soup
- Broccoli and Quinoa Risotto with pan seared Chicken
- Asian Pesto
- Pennette with saffron and prawns
- sun dried tomatoes pesto
- peppers and balsamic vinegar gazpacho
- Rice fish and vegetables all in one
- Courgette & Chorizo Soup
- Chilli prawn linguine
- Healthy & Delicious Sea Bass Noodle Soup
- Chicken Cacciatore