- Peel of 1/2 a small lemon
- Peel of 1/4 a small orange
- 1/2 a handful flat leaf parsley
- 1 small clove of garlic, peeled & halved
- 1/2 a small red onion, peeled & halved
- 1 small carrot, (approx. 40g - 50g) peeled & roughly chopped
- 10g olive oil
- 400g tin whole peeled tomatoes
- 3 MC of water
- 1 lamb shank (approx. 350g - 400g)
- 1 MC of couscous - RINSED
Place peel into mixing bowl and zest 20 sec/speed 8.
2. Add parsley, carrot, garlic and onion and chop 5 secs/speed 7. Scrape down sides.
3. Add oil and sauté 2 min/Varoma/.
4. Add tomatoes, chop 4 sec/speed 5.
5. Add water.
6. With a sharp knife cut through the thickest parts of the shank meat, all the way to the bone, to ensure even cooking. You may need to make 2-3 cuts depending on size of shank.
7. Place shank into Varoma receptacle and position on TM (leaving Varoma tray aside).
- 8. Cook for 35 min/Varoma/speed 1.
9. Place baking paper onto Varoma tray, adding rinsed couscous on top, spreading evenly.
- 10. When there is 25 minutes of cooking time left CAREFULLY place Varoma tray into Varoma, ensuring Varoma lid is securely in place.
- 11. When cooking time is complete remove shank with tongs and set aside. Allow shank to cool for at least 5 minutes before handling and removing meat from shank bone with a knife and fork. Roughly chop lamb meat, no larger than 2 cm cubes, and discard any excess fat or tough pieces.
- 12. Place meat into TM bowl with sauce and blend 5 sec/speed 7.
13. Check consistency, blend for a further few seconds if a finer texture is desired.
14. Serve with couscous.
* Can be served with rice instead of couscous as a gluten free alternative. After step 13 place meat/sauce in thermo server and prepare desired quantity of rice in Thermomix as per EDCB.
* Both my 8 month old and my 4yr old love this recipe! If there is any left over I simply freeze in ice cube trays and defrost for my baby 1 - 2 cubes at a time.
* If desired a lamb forequarter chop could be used in place of the shank, however, the lamb shank does give this dish it's wonderful flavour!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chicken and leek baby puree
- Baby Puree - Baby's first chicken casserole
- Baby Puree - Sweet potato with Spinach and Peas
- Baby Pumpkin Puree 4+ months
- Baby Vanilla Custard
- Fruity mini muffins
- Sweet potato cookies
- Baby fruit puree - Pear, apple and pomegranate 9 months and over - Essential living mumma
- Fruit Bars with Oats (toddlers & babies)
- Baby's first chicken dinner/ Chicken and vegetable puree
- Baby Rice Rusks
- Cauliflower Nuggets
- Key Lime Pie
- Devilled Eggs
- Buffalo Wings
- Nectarine and Peach Smoothie
- Panna Cottas with Peaches and Thyme Syrup
- Peach and Raspberry Crumble
- Couscous Vegetable Salad
- Salmon Omelette
- Nectarine, Banana and Green Tea Lollies
- Lamb and Paprika Rice
- Lamb Stuffed with Dried Fruit and Nuts
- RAVIOLI WITH SWEET RICOTTA FILLING AND LAMB RAGU