- 15 g extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, medium, peeled & quartered
- 1 stick Celery, roughly chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 carrot, large, roughly chopped
- pinch Ground Coriander
- pinch ground ginger
- 40 g red lentils
- 230 g water
Chop onion, celery, garlic, carrot 4 secs, speed 6.
2. Scrape down sides. Add oil & saute 2 min, 100c, speed 1.
3. Add spices and lentils. Mix 20 secs, speed 1 so lentils are coated by spices.
4. Add water. Cook 15 mins, 100c, speed 1.
5. Puree if required, 5 - 20 secs, speed 7. The picture shows non-puree (rear right), puree 5 secs (rear left), and puree 10 secs (front).
This freezes well.
This is an excellent first food, because it is full of immune boosting ingredients, and it tastes like real food. My babies loved this. I found that feeding them purees that taste like real food made it easier transitioning them to eating what the rest of the family eats as they got older.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chicken and leek baby puree
- Baby Puree - Baby's first chicken casserole
- Baby Puree - Sweet potato with Spinach and Peas
- Baby Pumpkin Puree 4+ months
- Baby Vanilla Custard
- Fruity mini muffins
- Sweet potato cookies
- Baby fruit puree - Pear, apple and pomegranate 9 months and over - Essential living mumma
- Fruit Bars with Oats (toddlers & babies)
- Baby's first chicken dinner/ Chicken and vegetable puree
- Baby Rice Rusks
- Cauliflower Nuggets
- Key Lime Pie
- Devilled Eggs
- Buffalo Wings
- Nectarine and Peach Smoothie
- Panna Cottas with Peaches and Thyme Syrup
- Peach and Raspberry Crumble
- Couscous Vegetable Salad
- Salmon Omelette
- Nectarine, Banana and Green Tea Lollies
- Lamb and Paprika Rice
- Lamb Stuffed with Dried Fruit and Nuts
- RAVIOLI WITH SWEET RICOTTA FILLING AND LAMB RAGU