THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 1/2 carrot, roughly diced
- 1/2 zucchini, roughly diced
- 1 --- handful, greens of choice, such as spinach, kale or broccoli leaves
- 150 grams home made beef or chicken stock, bone broth has lots of protein and collagen, its also soothing on the gut wall
- 1 egg, separated
- half an avocado, And/OR
- 3 tablespoons yoghurt, And/OR
- 1 heaped tablespoons butter
On the GAPS diet they expalin how raw or very softly cooked yolk is super easy to digest and very nutritious. You also have to get baby to eat a lot of stock (bone broth) as it is healing and nutritious. This can be very tricky. How do you get a fussy buba to drink stock! The answer is this rich, nutritious soup. Make it with different vegetalbles, I try to put one seeter one (carrot or pumpkin) and one greener one (zucchini, broccoli etc.)
In the mixing bowl chop the vegetables and greens finely for 6 secs./speed 6.
Add the stock and set to cook for 20 mins./90'C/speed 2. On Gaps the vegetables have to be well cooked in the early stages. This makes them easier to digest.
Add the egg white and cook for 2 mins./90'C/speed 3.
Add the yolk and mix for 5 secs./speed 5. Serve right away.
OPTIONAL: also add a cube of pureed liver (or one chicken liver) if you have them in the freezer. Do this when you add the egg white.
I put something I know baby likes in the soup, like half and avo or a few spoonfulls of yoghurt. This way I can give her a spoonful of what she likes, with a little of the soup. As she eats more she gets used to the soup and ends up eating it by itself towards the end when the avo runs out.
Making your Soup
This of course can be for any fussy bubs whom mothers are trying to nourish. For more info on the GAPS diet go to www.GAPS.me
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Quick and Tasty Healthy Food Recipes
- Chicken and leek baby puree
- Baby Puree - Baby's first chicken casserole
- Baby Puree - Sweet potato with Spinach and Peas
- Baby Pumpkin Puree 4+ months
- Baby Vanilla Custard
- Fruity mini muffins
- Sweet potato cookies
- Baby fruit puree - Pear, apple and pomegranate 9 months and over - Essential living mumma
- Fruit Bars with Oats (toddlers & babies)
- Baby's first chicken dinner/ Chicken and vegetable puree
- Baby Rice Rusks
- Key Lime Pie
- Devilled Eggs
- Buffalo Wings
- Nectarine and Peach Smoothie
- Panna Cottas with Peaches and Thyme Syrup
- Peach and Raspberry Crumble
- Couscous Vegetable Salad
- Salmon Omelette
- Nectarine, Banana and Green Tea Lollies
- Lamb and Paprika Rice
- Lamb Stuffed with Dried Fruit and Nuts
- RAVIOLI WITH SWEET RICOTTA FILLING AND LAMB RAGU
- Lemon Meringue Pie - Gluten Free & Lactose Free & Soya Free & Nut Free
- Paleo Flourless Brownie Bite
- Paleo Beef Burgers
- Chicken curry
- Variation The Perfect Lasagne
- Healthier hobnob style cookies
- Curried sweet potato soup
- Victoria Sponge
- Choc Chip Oat and Quinoa Cookies
- JEAN's OWN VEGETABLE SOUP
- Cranberry Curd
- Chocolate pear cake