- 50 grams quinoa seed
- 75 grams brown rice
- 1/2 apple, cored, (peeled if desired)
- 10 grams rapadura or raw sugar, (optional)
- 30 grams butter, cold, (if dairy free use dairy free spread or coconut oil)
1. Preheat oven to 170 degrees celcius. Place quinoa and rice in TM bowl and mill on speed 9 for 1 minute. Set aside. No need to clean bowl.
2. Place apple in TM bowl and chop on speed 5 until quiet (few seconds). Scrape down and repeat.
3. Add milled grains and remaining ingredients into TM bowl with apple and mix on speed 4 until fully combined.
4. Roll into 10 log shapes and place on baking tray lined with baking paper.
5. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until golden brown and quite firm to touch.
6. Place on cooling rack and once cooled, store in airtight container.
Accessories you need
1. If you find the quinoa is too strong flavour for your child, reduce the qty and increase the rice qty to make up 125g. You could also use just rice, or other grains. Quinoa is a great source of protein, vital for little growing bodies!
2. Although the TMX chops the apple up quite finely, if your child is quite young you may prefer to peel the apple to avoid any risk of choking.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Quick and Tasty Healthy Food Recipes
- Chicken and leek baby puree
- Baby Puree - Baby's first chicken casserole
- Baby Puree - Sweet potato with Spinach and Peas
- Baby Pumpkin Puree 4+ months
- Baby Vanilla Custard
- Fruity mini muffins
- Sweet potato cookies
- Baby fruit puree - Pear, apple and pomegranate 9 months and over - Essential living mumma
- Fruit Bars with Oats (toddlers & babies)
- Baby's first chicken dinner/ Chicken and vegetable puree
- Baby Rice Rusks
- Key Lime Pie
- Devilled Eggs
- Buffalo Wings
- Nectarine and Peach Smoothie
- Panna Cottas with Peaches and Thyme Syrup
- Peach and Raspberry Crumble
- Couscous Vegetable Salad
- Salmon Omelette
- Nectarine, Banana and Green Tea Lollies
- Lamb and Paprika Rice
- Lamb Stuffed with Dried Fruit and Nuts
- RAVIOLI WITH SWEET RICOTTA FILLING AND LAMB RAGU