- 50 grams raw sugar
- 150 grams plain flour
- 60 grams arrowroot flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 50 grams thickened cream
- 55 grams vegetable oil
8Recipe is created for
Preheat oven to 180c. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
Place sugar into bowl and mix on speed 9 for 15 seconds until icing sugar consistency.
Add remaining dry ingredients, then mix on speed 6 for 6 seconds until combined.
Add cream and mix on speed 6 for 5 seconds.
Push all ingredients down from sides of bowl with spatula. Mix on speed 4, then slowly pour in vegetable oil through MC hole. Mix for a further 3 seconds until combined.
The dough should now be crumbly (like shortcrust pastry) but when pinched together, hold its shape..
Transfer the dough to a light floured bench top or dough mat and roll out to approximately 1/3 cm thick. Using the lightly floured MC (or your cookie cutter of choice), cut out shapes from your dough and transfer onto baking tray.
Bake for 8-10 minutes or until they slightly turn in colour.
Makes approximiately 33 biscuits if using MC as a cutter.
* The arrowroot biscuit is almost a rite of passage into finger foods for all babies and a staple snack of any toddler. You will love being able to bake this recipe and be assured of knowing exactly what has gone into it and control how much sugar you feed to them.
Accessories you need
Arrowroot flour is also commonly called tapioca flour.
Milk can be substituted for the cream.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Quick and Tasty Healthy Food Recipes
- Chicken and leek baby puree
- Baby Puree - Baby's first chicken casserole
- Baby Puree - Sweet potato with Spinach and Peas
- Baby Pumpkin Puree 4+ months
- Baby Vanilla Custard
- Fruity mini muffins
- Sweet potato cookies
- Baby fruit puree - Pear, apple and pomegranate 9 months and over - Essential living mumma
- Fruit Bars with Oats (toddlers & babies)
- Baby's first chicken dinner/ Chicken and vegetable puree
- Baby Rice Rusks
- Key Lime Pie
- Devilled Eggs
- Buffalo Wings
- Nectarine and Peach Smoothie
- Panna Cottas with Peaches and Thyme Syrup
- Peach and Raspberry Crumble
- Couscous Vegetable Salad
- Salmon Omelette
- Nectarine, Banana and Green Tea Lollies
- Lamb and Paprika Rice
- Lamb Stuffed with Dried Fruit and Nuts
- RAVIOLI WITH SWEET RICOTTA FILLING AND LAMB RAGU